Saturday, January 28, 2012

fine art and street art


Today some friends and I visited the Kunsthistorisches museum, or the museum of art history and it was BREATHTAKING. Seriously, I've never seen anything like it. Not even counting the artifacts themselves, just the building alone was awesome.




The displays inside were incredible as well but I'll let the pictures speak for that!







My favorite thing in the whole entire museum.
We all agreed that if we could live anywhere, we would definitely live right inside this museum. I'm only posting my favorite pictures but it took at least two hours to see everything. I can't wait to go back.

While we're on the subject of art, Vienna has a lot of really neat street art (Banksy had one of his first exhibitions here!) and there are actually quite a few places where graffiti is legal. 

One of my favorite pieces so far.

I'm making it my goal to visit all of the famous street art locations while I'm here and maybe even add something myself! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment